Cautionary Note for Monsoon Season (May to October):
🌊 Safety First: Beware of Rip Currents and Swells
Entering the waters along the west coast beaches during the monsoon season, from May to October, requires heightened caution. The unpredictable nature of rip currents and substantial swells poses potential risks to snorkelers.
🚩 Safety Tips:
- Consult Local Lifeguards: Before taking a dip, always check with the local lifeguards. Their insights into current conditions can help you make informed decisions about water safety.
- Observe Signal Flags: Keep an eye out for signal flags displayed along the beach. Different colors convey varying levels of danger.
- Green Flag: Generally safe conditions. Proceed with standard precautions.
- Orange Flag: Exercise caution. Conditions may be challenging; swimming is not recommended for inexperienced individuals.
- Red Flag: High danger. Avoid entering the water. Dangerous currents and swells are present.
- Stay Informed: Stay updated on weather forecasts and ocean conditions. Conditions can change rapidly during monsoon season, and being aware ensures your safety.
Remember, your safety is our priority. Enjoy the stunning beaches responsibly by following these guidelines and making informed choices.