Are you facing a rainy day in Phuket, and your scuba diving plans had to be postponed due to unfavorable weather conditions? Don’t worry; we’ve got you covered with some exciting indoor activities and attractions to make the most of your stormy day in Phuket.
Indoor Activities on a Rainy Day in Phuket
- Wall Climbing: Head to Rebel Rock Climbing in Thalang, situated between Bang Tao Beach and Heroines Monument. This indoor rock climbing facility offers introductory courses for beginners and challenging courses for experienced climbers. Whether you’re a novice or a pro, you can spend a thrilling half-day scaling the walls or honing your climbing skills.
- Central Festival Mall: A shopping mall is a go-to option on a rainy day, and Central Festival Mall is the perfect choice. Located in the heart of the island, this massive mall boasts a variety of shops, including luxury brands, fashion boutiques, restaurants, cafes, entertainment options, beauty and wellness services, and more. Don’t forget to catch a movie at the comfortable multiplex cinema and explore the aquarium in the basement. For a budget-friendly meal, head to the Taste of the Island (Food Court) for tasty options at just THB 80 (approximately USD 2.5).
- Phuket Mining Museum: Delve into Phuket’s history at the Phuket Mining Museum in Koh Kaew. Before tourism dominated the island’s economy, tin mining played a significant role. Explore the museum’s exhibits and learn about this fascinating aspect of Phuket’s past.
- Chalong Bay Distillery: If the rainy weather has you feeling down, visit Chalong Bay Rum Distillery for a tour and the story behind their world-famous rum. You can even participate in a cocktail-making workshop, and it’s a family-friendly activity, with mocktail-making for the kids.
- Spa Day: While in Phuket, indulging in a traditional Thai massage is a must. Why not turn it into a full spa and wellness day? Kim’s is known for providing professional massages in a serene environment without any extra services.
- Phuket Aquarium Cape Panwa: Discover Phuket’s marine life at the Phuket Aquarium located at Cape Panwa. While it may not be as grand as Aquaria in Central Mall, it offers affordable entrance fees. You can also explore a turtle and leopard shark hatchery, although these facilities are not open to the public, you might spot these incredible creatures in their natural habitat around Phuket.
- Cooking Classes: Sign up for a Thai cooking class and learn the art of preparing delicious Thai dishes. It’s a fun and educational experience that can brighten up any rainy day.
Outdoor Activities on a Sunny or Stormy Day in Phuket
- Blue Tree: When the sun comes out, or even on a stormy day, the Blue Tree offers a fantastic outdoor experience. It features the largest swimming pool in Phuket, complete with an artificial lagoon, beaches, cliff diving towers, and water slides. You can also enjoy a variety of dining options and shops at this resort-style complex.
- Andamanda Phuket: Opened in 2022, Andamanda Phuket is a unique water and theme park blending Sino-Portuguese and Thai architecture with iconic Andaman landscapes. It offers a day of excitement and adventure.
- Phuket Old Town: Take a step back in time and explore the picturesque Phuket Old Town. Wander through its narrow streets filled with small street cafes, ice cream shops, Sino-Portuguese houses, and street art. If you’re visiting on a Sunday, don’t miss the vibrant street market for a taste of modern Thai culture and lifestyle.
This list offers just a glimpse of what Phuket has to offer on a rainy day. If you think there’s an activity or location that should be included, please let us know. Sharing is caring, and we’re eager to help others make the most of their rainy days in Phuket.