Has it been a while since you’ve been scuba diving? Do you feel like your scuba skills and knowledge are a bit rusty? The Scuba Review Tune-up is just the refresher you need. It reacquaints you with diving so that you’re back to feeling comfortable in the underwater world in less than a day.
What You Learn
You go over scuba knowledge you learned during your initial training. Then, practice fundamental skills in a pool or a confined water area. You review:
- Safe diving practices
- Dive planning fundamentals
- Problem management
- Breathing air at depth
- Recreational diving and dive tables: basic knowledge
- Recreational diving and dive tables: dive planning
After you complete the knowledge assessment, you go through the Confined Water Skills Preview. You review information about each skill, why it’s important, points to remember when performing the skill and a short video clip. Completing this section just before practicing is a great way to refresh your knowledge of how each skill is performed.
The SSI Scuba Skills Update
What’s in the Specialty Course included?
SSI Scuba Review Course Content
The Scuba Skills Update is particularly beneficial if you:
- Are a SSI Open Water Diver course referral student who wants a refresher prior to making your open water training dives
- Are a SSI Scuba Diver who wants to upgrade to Open Water Diver
- Just haven’t scuba dived in a while and want to get acclimated again