Looking for the first step in working in the scuba diving industry as a career?
SSI Divemaster Training
- The Divemaster Training package includes: Digital Kit Science of Diving and Dive Guide Standard Version, Registration / Membership Initial Year, Registration Package Incl. SSI Baseball Cap,Dry Bag and mask strap, Dive Guide Training Record and Buddy Slate, Theory, 14 days all you can dive, instructor, breakfast – lunch – water – coffee – tea (boat dives), transfer from our Dive Center to the diving pier and back).
SSI Divemaster Training in Phuket
Turn your passion into a profession. Whether you choose just to continue your education or start a whole new career, becoming an SSI Dive Professional is a very gratifying and rewarding experience!
The SSI Divemaster Training is a simple way for divers who want to be more involved, but aren’t ready to take on the responsibility or the commitment of becoming an SSI Instructor. The Dive Guide program is the starting point for the Dive Professional adventure.
Completing the Science of Diving Specialty is the next step to upgrading to the SSI Divemaster rating. This rating is the prerequiste for the SSI Assistant Instructor Course and SSI Open Water Instructor rating.
Divemaster Training with Aloha Diving in Phuket
Your adventure into the professional levels of recreational scuba diving begins with the SSI Divemaster program. Working closely with a SSI Instructor, in this program you expand your dive knowledge and hone your skills to the professional level. SSI Divemaster training develops your leadership abilities and qualifies you to supervise scuba dive activities. SSI Divemaster is the prerequisite certification for both, the SSI Dive Control Specialist (Assistant Instructor) and SSI Open Water Instructor certifications.
During the SSI Divemaster program you will develop leadership skills through both classroom and independent study (SSI Science of Diving). You complete water skills and stamina exercises as well as scuba diving training skills (SSI Dive Guide), that stretch your ability to organize and solve problems as well as help others improve their scuba diving. You put this knowledge into action through a structured internship or series of practical training exercises.
In the SSI Divemaster course you will expand your diving skills, hone your skills and increase your self-confidence. As a SSI Divemaster, you will use these attributes to lead, mentor and motivate other divers and experience the joy of seeing them transformed by the majesty of the the acquatic realm.
We provide more than just the basic Divemaster training here at Aloha Diving. We realize that many people will eventually want to continue on with their diving career and become SCUBA Instructors. Therefore, we also teach you additional dive theory so that you are prepared for when you come to take the Instructor course. Without this additional training, the step between Divemaster and Instructor can be a big one.
Learn how a busy and successful dive center operates by being a part of our team and helping with the day-to-day running of the dive center.
Get a really good deal on the price of your instructor course if you choose to continue your adventure with us!
At the end of your internship, you will have earned your ticket to travel and dive the world!
The Divemaster Training involves the following 3 topics
1. Diving Standards and Dive Theory
For the Diving Standards and Dive Theory topics you will need your SSI Dive Guide manual and complete the knowledge reviews related, afterwards you will have classroom lectures where each section will be gone through and your knowledge reviews will be checked. Aloha Diving is very flexible with the timing of the lectures and final examinations, we will fit them around your schedule, be it on the boat or at the swimming pool. Also, we are always available and happy to provide further explanations on any of the topics covered.
In the Academic is the following covered:
- Academic Session #1: The Dive Guide
- Academic Session #2: Becoming a Dive Guide
- Academic Session #3: Dive Guide Stress & Rescue
- Academic Session #4: Group Management
- Academic Session #5: Leading Dives & Special Dives
- Academic Session #6: Your Career with SSI
2. Water Skills Development And Practical Application
The water skills development and practical assessment activities will be spread out over the course duration, these are.
- 700 m surface swim with mask, fins snorkel
- min 25 m underwater swim with mask, fins snorkel
- 100 m tired diver tow
- 15 min float
- Workshops in Dive site briefings, guiding certified divers
- Assisting a tour/trip-leader on a day trip boat, dive shop duties, emergency planning
3. Divemaster Program Workshops
With the following workshops your will learn the programs that you will be able to conduct completely or partially when you are certified as a SSI Divemaster.
- Application #1: Pool Skills Evaluation (Multiple skill circuits to improve demonstration quality and problem solving, so that you can demonstrate Instructor level underwater skills)
- Application #2: Rescue Skills Evaluation (refresh your rescue skills)
- Application #3: Open Water Observation/Briefing
- Application #4: Night & Limited Visibility Observation
- Application #5: Deep Diver Observation
- Application #6: Open Water Presentation
You will also be evaluated on your professionalism during the course
An example of a Dive Guide Course day itinerary see below.
- 07:20 am Meet your Instructor and pack the dive gear for the customers
- 07:30 am Pick up from the dive center with a transfer to Chalong Pier
- 08:00 am Welcome the quests at the pier and load the boat
- 08:30 am Depart to Racha Islands / Phi Phi Islands or King Cruiser Wreck, breakfast and fresh fruits served
- 09:00 am Assisting the customer with equipment set up
- 10:00 am Dive briefing for the first dive site
- 10:30 am Arrive at the first dive site
- 11:30 am Lunch is served as part of the diving surface interval
- 12:00 pm Dive briefing for the second dive site
- 12:30 pm Second dive location
- 2:15 pm Dive briefing for the third dive site
- 2:45 pm Third dive location
- 4:00 pm Log book writing with the customers
- 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm Arrival back at the Pier, unload the boat and transfer to your dive center
- At the dive center washing the dive gear and preparing the next day.
- 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm your course day ends
Divemaster Training Prerequisites